On a mission to reduce food waste
Our mission is to reduce food waste by enabling food serving companies (e.g. canteens, caterers, restaurants and hotels) to plan more accurately and sustainably improve the quality of menus.
We believe that awareness is crucial when combating food waste so we aim to inform and empower everyone to take more sustainable and healthy food choices. Therefore, we have gone far to ensure that our systems can share menu information across multiple channels.
Our founding principle is that data is one of the most effective ways of sharing learnings and forming actionable recommendations. Everything in our menu planning system is enabled by a unique data collection methodology where we use IoT hardware to track everything from production, serving and plate waste.
Our mission pillars
- Enable digital and data driven menu planning
- Enable users to plan food servings smartly with analytical insights and improved convenience
- Provide a basis for sustainable food choices
- Omnichannel exposure of information on food servings so guests can take more informed and sustainable food choices
- Enable end-to-end tracking of food servings
- Enable users to track consumption and waste for all dishes in a food serving by providing connected IoT hardware
- Provide data and insights on food servings
- Collect organize and provide data and insights on food servings to lead the transition towards sustainable food serving
Why it matters
1/3 of the world’s food is wasted
170 trillion liters of water is wasted to grow that food
15-35% of total food purchases are typically wasted at food serving companies
If food waste was a country it would rank 3rd in greenhouse gas emissions
Committed to UN global goals
Reduce food waste by an est. 40-70% with FOODOP and prevent surplus food having a substantial environmental impact.
Reduce the CO2-footprint through responsible menu planning (incl. e.g., ingredient selections) with help from the FOODOP recommendation engine.
Provide a basis for more informed and sustainable food choices with FOODOP’s omnichannel information sharing system and digital menu labels.
Source reduction (i.e. prevention) is the number one way to reduce food waste
- – Environmental Protection Agency
Let’s get in touch to reduce food waste and sustainably improve your menus